1. My grandma is a huge stationary and card writing lover, as most people who are pushing 90 years old are. I got her some personalized stationary this year and I hope she loves it as much as I do. Bonus: because I got her two sets, I got two free cards with MY name on them as a thank you gift from the seller!
2. For my sister's birthday last year, I got her a running medal display for her wall with a personalized message that says "don't think, just run". I haven't been to her house since so I don't know if she has put it up yet, but I thought it was a pretty cool gift (if I do say so myself).
3. For Mother's Day this year I got a beautiful necklace in yellow gold with "zoey" stamped on it. I like it because it's a little different than your typical name necklace (aka the "carrie" necklace from sex and the city). I get compliments on it weekly!
4. I got a friend of mine a custom baby onesie, burp cloth and bib when her son Charlie was born. I got to choose the fabric, initial and font. Unfortunately, the shop is closed over Christmas, but you can save it for the next time you need a baby gift!
5. For Matt's groomsmen gifts, he got them each a secret flask in a book. He got to choose the books too! He got one for himself (what is with guys and doing that?!) and he still uses it as a little secret hiding place. I often mistake it for a real book and drop the flask on the floor when I open it to flip through the pages.
I did a lot of my shopping online this year and it has been such a pleasure not to be in malls weekend after weekend. If you're still looking, maybe give Etsy a try!!
I have also done a fair amount of xmas shopping this year on Zulily, which is a sort of discount steals type website. Right now they have a special section with guaranteed delivery by Christmas, so you could give that a try too!!