Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ouch?

So snowboarding was awesome, but the day ended with be biting it hard on the ski-out at Sunshine, slamming my head on the ground, almost getting my face slashed by a brand new snowboard, and feeling all around like death all in one fellow swoop. I got distracted, did some kind of spinning fall which resulted in impacting my ass, knees, elbows and head all at once. Then Matt skidded and almost hit my face with his board and we both just kind of sat on the ground for a while reflecting on what had just happened and being thankful that my face wasn't slashed open and that I still had the use of my legs and arms. I'm still stiff in the neck and have bruises, but it was so worth it because everything leading up to that was incredible. The weather was great and the snow was awesome, and we had a total blast. I boarded really well (except for that fall) too so I was excited.

Anyway, my weekend after that was pretty alright, I got a free breakfast in Regina (hotel), a free dinner in Ottawa (mum), so that makes it nice. I'm off now for a long while since I have my annual training starting Monday. I just finished four out of the five homestudies, so I'm well on my way. I also got to do a seriously wicked awesome homestudy on our new cart service that included videos and how-to's. I swear I have never wanted to barf more. "Of course", says the sickeningly sweet flight attendant in the video, "we would never deny a guest the use of the lav during cart service, so back your cart into the galley, wait for the guest to pass, and resume service. Oops, careful of that transition!" (referring to the lip on the floor that separates the plastic floor and the carpet. Seriously, it was cheesier than anything I've ever seen. Oh well, I got a laugh.

I also did a homestudy on good body mechanics and wasted one hour of my life learning how to bend my knees. I realize it's important, but seriously. An hour? Give me a break. It was slightly humorous to be doing the homestudy while thinking about how much my neck hurts from snowboarding though... And while slouching on my mum's medicine ball. Maybe I should re-read some of those points...

1 comment:

kris said...

"we would never deny a guest the use of the lav during cart service"

Really? Hmmm...