1. Have 5 boxes. A large 2 bedroom apartment can fit in 5 boxes, right? Wrong.
2. Throw a bunch of stuff out. If I could, I would throw it all out and start a new. I hate packing THAT MUCH.
3. Decide that you will use EVERY SINGLE THING in your apartment before moving day, so you can't possibly put them away in boxes.
4. Buy MORE STUFF. That way you'll have more things to pack.
5. Have your stuff everywhere. It makes things chaotic and then you won't want to pack because everything is disorganized.
6. Get more boxes, but make sure they are really small so that only 2 or 3 books will fit in each one.
7. Once you finally get appropriately sized boxes, have them all around you while you watch a superstar hair challenge marathon on TV instead of packing.
8. Find lots of other things to do instead of packing THREE DAYS BEFORE MOVING DAY. Suggestions? Make smoothies for your friend who just had her tonsils out, help set up for the stampede, go drinking with friends, go meet your mother and grandmother at the mall for lunch, go to IKEA, and write blog postings...
9. Make lots of appointments for the week before your move. You can't POSSIBLY pack the day of an appointment. You might lose track of time and MISS IT!
10. Practice putting in your new hair extensions 10 times a day. It's important that you get good at this so you have super nice hair in your new place.
As you can tell, I'm avoiding packing like the plague. I'm in trouble.