Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Office Life

Since I haven't ever worked in an office except for four months in university, these last few months have been interesting.

A few items to note:

  • I'm lucky to work in such a beautiful building.  It's very light, there are lots of windows, every floor has a little kitchen, there is a Starbucks, a Sunterra Market and a gym in the building, and it's full of friendly people.
  • There are ALWAYS treats.  It's either someone's birthday, some kind of campaign, someone went on a trip and brought back chocolate, or it's been easter.  Regardless, there is always something sweet around.  Luckily I can only eat about 30% of treats, otherwise my baby bump would be an all over fat fest.
  • I don't like non apple computers.
  • I need to pee a LOT.  I never would have noticed at home or on the plane, but since I have to lock my computer and get up from my desk to go, I feel like I go all the time.
  • I'm lucky to have a pretty nice team of co-workers.  I haven't found office politics to be an issue.
  • My butt hurts from sitting all day.
  • I don't like having to dress nicely every day.  Actually, it's more that I don't have enough nice clothing that fits to dress nicely and not wear the same three outfits over and over.  Oye.
  • The Jays wear a lot of make-up for men.  Oh wait, that's a noteworthy point from America's Next Top Model, not office life.
  • I hate driving to and from work every day.  It's the worst.
And there you have it. My thoughts from the office after three months!  Is your office life like mine?

2 comments:

Linda said...

Last week we had cake every single day! One day had 2 cakes... I just sing and smile now... no ones needs to have that much cake!

kristen said...

Since my office is now in my home, it isn't quite like that butbyes, that sounds about right. Especially the treats and the not having comfortable work clothes.