Pages

Sunday, October 02, 2011

New Look

I've wanted a new look for my blog recently, and although things might change a bit more once I stop being pregnant and start being responsible for another human, I figured I had more time now than I will in then.  I didn't have to guts to take the plunge and write "mother" or something crazy like that in my "about me" section, but that can come later.

I messed around with the new dynamic layouts that blogger provides, but they just didn't really seem to work the way I wanted them to.  I'll chill with this one for a while and maybe tweak it a bit.

Since I've finished working, I have done the following:

  • Had last minute coffee dates
  • Slept in (if you can call 7:30 sleeping in...)
  • Made some granola
  • Had a romantic dinner date
  • Walked to the new gluten free bakery and bought some amazing bread
  • Forgotten to go to a friend's house and then rushed to get there an hour late after she called to see if I was still coming
  • Made some chocolate quinoa crepes
  • Gotten acupuncture
  • Panicked a little about the thought of potentially having a baby in the extremely near future
On the docket for today is trying to take a few pictures of me in "my condition" as keepsakes.  I'm not really into getting pro pics done in a studio, especially the seemingly intimate ones that people tend to get when they're pregnant. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting intimate pictures taken, pregnant or not, but I do find it weird that people show them to everyone.  I don't ever want to see a picture of a close friend or family member lying on a bed with a sheet hiding their privates, pregnant or not.  Sorry.  Little side rant there.  We will stick to fully clothed outside pictures in the nice fall colours.  Matt and I don't have the greatest history when it comes to taking pictures (we aren't good at taking pictures of each other... I think I may have alluded to that in my belly pics post) so I'm hoping today works out!

Any tips for my new blog design??

3 comments:

Linda said...

The new design looks pretty neat - I'm with you on the freak outs re: motherhood and the intimate pics - just not for me.... fingers crossed you have a great week :)

kristen said...

So far I like it! I like the simple colour scheme.

I'm in the process of redesign as well and have been trying to figure out what I like, what I don't like, and what I want.

The grey text on your header is a little hard to read- so there's something you might want to think about. And does this template have "pages" or "tabs" options? That might be something you want to look into.

Hope the pictures went well!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Opps! If I read your blog posts in order I would have answered my own question about the photography!!

I like the new blog design/layout.

The quinoa crepes sound delicious!!