Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mattresses and wireless

So I got my birthday present delivered today... and it's a brand spanking new mattress and box spring and frame. Oh it's sooooooooo nice. I can't WAIT to go to bed tonight. For real.

I also got a wireless router, which was an old one that my dad had, not that I'm complaining because I'm VERY happy to have it, used or new. I open a present, and it's a plug, and a router. And that's it. No box, no instructions, no nothing. It was pretty funny, but it made my life quite easy since all I did was plug the plug into the wall, connect to the internet, and BAM it starts working! Now all I have to figure out is how to change the name from Highland Hollow, because I don't want the people scamming my free internet to think I'm some crazy who names their house!

My birthday was pretty relaxing, nothing too special. Linda made me breakfast in bed, which was so nice since I was sad that no one was here to do it for me this year. Then I just kinda chilled out, then Yvette came over, we went and bought Grey's Anatomy season one (as well as some Chapelle's Show) and watched three episodes whilst eating gummy worms and willowcrisps (which are welfare crispy crunches). Then Sarah, Linda and I went to Papa's for sups and ate more than should be physically possible, and then to the Ship for some beers. It was very mellow, but I'm still recovering from my 5 day bender in Montreal. I'll say thanks to everyone who sent their birthday wishes, and thanks Kristen and Jordan for my George Foreman Grill!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to make bacon. Mmmmmm, bacon.

Anyways, today I'm going for sushi with the g-ma and cousins, though I really still am full from supper last night. I'll have to make room, because there's ALWAYS room for sushi, really.

That was my HUGE birthday celebration... the big ole 2-2. I don't really feel old, but maybe in a while I will. It just doesn't feel very different. I'm just sayin!

5 comments:

kristen said...

i think you forgot the highlight of your day...they telephone call from your sister ;-)

Blogosaurus Rex said...

Happy Belated!

Best ever network name I saw was "Get your own damn network!"

--Nathan-- said...

So you'll be "knocking out the fat" with your grill?!! just be careful that you dont step on the grill in your persuit to wake up to the smell of bacon... people might try to pop your cast

lu said...

the only day i stole wireless a little button also broke off my laptop, so i think it was the wireless karma gods out there trying to tell me something. now i am afraid of what will happen if i do it again!

Kirst said...

Happy belated birthday. If your not working this Tuesday we will be having Tuesday night dinner. Let me know because Nathan is buying dinner. Yeah! No cooking for me.