Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am officially a teenager

I realize that I'm 24 years old, but trust me, after this post, you'll all be thinking "OMG Heather is like, totally a teenager".

I LOVE the "Twilight" series of books.

I didn't even know what they were last Thursday. I worked with a flight attendant who couldn't put down the second one, and I asked her what they were. She sheepishly said "Umm, well, they're teenager books about vampires" to which I replied "give me one."

Our next stop was Edmonton, where they have an Indigo in the airport. She ran off the plane, bought the first one for me, the third one for her (since she was almost done the second one), and the two of us read every second we could for the rest of our pairing. I finished it by Saturday and she lent me the second one to take home with me. I finished that one in two days. I was pretty bummed that I didn't have the third one, and when I got home yesterday from a pairing, Matt had bought it for me! A big step, since when I came home from the first pairing talking about my new vampire books, he reminded me that his 11 year old brother reads them too.

These aren't small books either. They're easily over 500 pages each, but they're easy reading. I figured they'd just be whatever, nothing crazy, but I REALLY liked them. I cried several times in the second one. CRIED! It's crazy. I'm not going to pretend they're going to change the world, but for a light read, they're awesome. I guess Stephanie Meyer, the author, had a dream about one of the scenes in the first book, and they all stemmed from there.

Best news? The movie of the first book comes out THIS WEEK. So the flight attendant who introduced me to them and I are going on Friday, just because we can. We'll probably be the only ones there without a chaperone. Go ahead a laugh, but once you read one, you'll love them too.

4 comments:

RainbowBrite said...

I read all four of them within the span on a week!

They are great books people just need to give them a chance. I am glad I am not the only Twenty-something who enjoys them

Ps. I know you don't know me but I am friends with Kirsten :D

kristen said...

I saw some Carleton U students with Twilight posters the other day...it IS possible they were 19, but at least they are closer in age to you than Matt's brother.

(and i bet i'd like them. i do like the vampire stories)

kristen said...

so how was the movie?

Heather said...

so so good.