Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Days off

It's so nice to have a couple of days off to chill and hang out and not do anything! Well I did do things, like run some errands, make some appointments, look for apartments, (with no luck ps) etc. I've slept in, had lunch with my dad, cleaned my room, did laundry, and that's about it!

I watched Brokeback Mountain FINALLY, and wow it was amazing. I really really liked it. It was very interesting to think of how it must have been to be gay in that time and in that area/lifestyle. I liked how it made me think. Anyways, a great movie for those who haven't seen it yet. It was funny to see Anne Hathaway in a for real movie as opposed to the fluffy princess diaries and that weird one where she was a doll or something. I really enjoyed the evolution of her hair in Brokeback... Funny stuff.

I got my July schedule finally, and it looks pretty good. I've got some good days off, hopefully I'll make another little trip down to Ottawa. I also forgot about the Stampede, so I'm excited to have some fun with my friends going to Nashville North and perhaps Cowboys... (now that I don't have to pay and all).

As far as the apartment hunt, it's not really going so well. We want to live in the Kensington/Hillhurst/Crescent Heights area, and it's just tough to find something now. Everything is rented for July 1st, and people keep telling us to call after July 1st to ask about August 1st, so it's hard to just sit tight and wait. There's a three bedroom that is potentially available soon, so if we can get that, I'll just advertise at work for a third roommate and I'm pretty sure we'll have some luck with that. I'm optimistic, but still frustrated. Anyone have an apartment in that area that they don't want?

That's pretty much my update at this point. Nothing too new to report. Life as a flight attendant is fun, but I do find myself wanting to sit at my kitchen table with my mum and my cat every once in a while. At the same time as wanting a space of my own, I still want my home too! Luckily I still live here so I can have both. (Sorry Kristen... I'm sure you're thinking "umm, yeah, I know how you feel". If I could sit at the kitchen table with Mum and Willow AND you I would be MUCH happier!)

I fly out tomorrow for four days, then I have the whole rest of the month off!!!!!! I have the end of next month off as well, so I'm pretty stoked about that. Looks like I'll be finding an other job pretty quick so that I can afford everything I want to do (like impromptu trips to Ottawa).

All in all, life is good!

3 comments:

kristen said...

Hey...I wouldn't want to be living with mum (nothing against her or anything), but I would like to be able to just sit around and chat at the kitchen table whilst Willow jumps over our heads to the shelf.
Nothing wrong with wanting your own space!!!

Linda said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for kensington..... have fun on your next shift!

Anonymous said...

You will probably want to check out Ontario Tenant Rights.